Ingo Chao wrote:

> For the wrapping menu: this menu is not very stable, even under 96dpi
> UseHR off. Try to enlarge text zoom in a normal XP IE install and see
> what happens.
>
> For that UseHR Testing: did you actually try to set it according to
> the article I've posted [1]?
>
> I don't own a Dell Laptop, I am just playing with the dpi settings
> (120dpi) and registry (UseHR: [dword] 1).
>
> Chances are not very good at the moment that I get a high-dpi laptop
> by MS for debugging IE.
>
> Ingo
>
> [1] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa770067.aspx

Yes I followed the instructions from MS[1].  I wouldn't get a Dell
laptop, Fujitsu makes a much nicer machine :-)

It was nice to be able to reproduce the problem.  I played around with
turning the UseHR on and off and observed the results.  I will now leave
it off, but I will probably continue to play with the settings when I'm
testing sites.  My desktop is a Mac, so I use the laptop for testing.

Lori