Thank you all for your help, Mark and Confusion were on the spot. I am sorry if
I annoyed you David I really appreciate your opinion and I am implementing your
very VALUABLE solutions.

  Mark Story <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I haven't read all the replies yet. But a really good way to get
consistent fonts is to set
body {
font-size:62.5%
}

This along with other resets makes all your fonts equivalent to 10px.
This not only allows you to make nice em sizes like 1.2em for 12 px
etc. But also allows you do your entire layout in ems should you choose
to do so. As for the specific issue you are having check your
line-heights as well that is often a source of height discrepancies
between browsers. Personally I think the difference on your pages is
fine, and not shockingly different. Since you are allowing the user to
resize text, there is the possibility for them to muck up the design no
matter how hard you try to make it perfect. So a little varience is fine.

-Mark

trevor bayliss wrote:
> I am continuing my css journey and have been playing around with this and
> can´t seem to get the right results using ems or font-size:small on my body
> css:
> body {padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background: #ffffff repeat-x 50%
> top; padding-bottom: 0px; margin: 0px; font: 11px tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
> color: #4d4d4d; padding-top: 0px}
>
> I just want the text under the text under the headlines in these screengrabs
> to look exactly the same but not using pixels. From a visual perspective all
> my em and other attempts look damn ugly and the only thing that looks pro is
> pixels (which I can´t use because they don´t resize in IE):
>
> http://216.219.94.105/ie.jpg
>
> http://216.219.94.105/firefox.jpg
>
> TIA

Got a little couch potato?