Dave Pierce grumbled:

>> In this site, http://www.pierceartanddesign.com/testfiles/index.html
>> according to the browsercam, everything works fine except IE5 and
>> 5.5. (I'm not too worried about versions 3 and 4), but in IE5.x,
>> the  content side is all whacked.
>> Can anyone tell me why?

to which, David Laakso enlightened:

I do not have IE right now so this is a shot in the dark. You have
assigned a px width to the body and 100% to the wrapper.  This /may/
be what is making it goofy in IE/5x(?). No guarantee, try:

> body{   /*width:760px;*/ <<---delete
> }
> #wrapper {
> /*width: 100%;*/ <--delete
> width:760px; <--add
> }
> #homeheader {
> margin: 0 auto; <--add
> }
>
> #footer {
>    /*float: left;*/  <!--delete
>    margin: 0 auto; <!--add  }

David, that didn't do the trick I'm afraid. Here's the actual CSS for
IE 5 and 5.5:
http://www.pierceartanddesign.com/testfiles/css/ie5x.css

> Fwiw, and a subjective opinion, the vertical nav text breaks right,
> and the page looks peculiar when the fonts are scaled.

Yeah, I just noticed that too. That'll have to sit until I get this
thing online, 'cause I've taken WAAAY too long to get this site
readable and looking OK as is.

Know any good way to make statement _just_ to Netscape 7?

;-Dave