Ingo Chao wrote:
> David Laakso wrote:
>
>> I get frequent reminders from the guy that the thing [1] is supposed to
>> work in all versions of win/ie.
>> Comments, suggestions, and links to an "anger management" seminar
>> appreciated.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> [1]  <http://www.chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/ct1/>
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> ~dL
>>

> There is a difference in the margins of the floating small photographs
> in the columns, comparing IE7 (normal margins) and the rest of the IE's
> (duplicated). I think this is because IE7 is running in standards mode,
> despite your xml declaration.
>
> In IE 7, an <xml> declaration no longer changes the rendering mode ...
> inserting a comment before the doctype (but after the <xml> declaration)
> will still trigger quirks mode in IE 7 [1]
> [1] http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/quirksmode.html
>
> But I fear this is not what you've meant.
>
> Ingo
>
> PS: For the "anger management" seminar: I thought this is what css-d is
> about.
>
> http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/quirksmode.html

The xml declaration has been deleted. I put 6 and down in quirks
temporarily to double check rendering between ie in quirks versus ie's
flaky standards mode. Thanks for the reminder. I wonder if the small
image issue may(?) have something more to do with poor coding practice,
on my part, as all images in the content section are rendering a little
/more/ strangely than they should depending on the OS/browser being
used. I will attempt to do better.

Thank you.

~d

--