On 7/10/07, Jukka K. Korpela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In your case, it seems that there is a simple way: wrap the element <div
> id="main">...</div> inside an outer div, and set the outer div's
> background color to the desired value (white, in this case).

An alternative solution (also using nested divs) would be to set the
border of your current div to 1px solid, add an inner div with a
transparent background, 2px margins, and a 1px solid border as well.

I'm not sure which method is preferable--I had actually typed my
method above before Jukka's email arrived in my inbox.  I think
Jukka's might win out simply because available (inner) size and
occupied space would not change from what you'd expect using a double
border.

Thanks also for pointing out that the specs had no clarification on
which method is considered "correct."

Brian