Olá Luc,

on Thursday, July 12, 2007 at 17:22 Luc wrote:

>  Good afternoon list,

>  In my footer i have links that in the hover state are underlined.
>  Works in Opera, FF, Moz but not in IE7. For IE6 i had to add an
>  aditional rule to make always show underlined (i can live with that),
>  but i was wondering if it's a specific IE7 problem?

> http://www.dzinelabs.com/projects/MPT/Pages/index.php

>  http://www.dzinelabs.com/projects/MPT/Styles/MP.css

I can't catch what you really want to do...

There are lots of css rules affecting your footer links:

/*Adding background transparent messes links up in IE*/
a:link {
        color: #bfbfbf;
        text-decoration: underline;
}

This makes all links have underlines in all browsers.

a:visited {
        color: #666666;
        text-decoration: none;
}

This one resets the underline for visited links. So the active page is
visited and hasn't got the underline. (Note that it is bad practice to
set a link to the current page.)

p a { color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none; }

Next you reset the text-decoration inside of p elements. and your
#footer is a p element.

p:hover a {
        color: #0000ff;
        text-decoration: underline;
}

Then you add it again when the pointer is over the p element (not the
a) IE6 cant't show this effect.

* html #footer a {
        text-decoration: underline;
}

This rule should set the underline on every link inside the footer for
IE6.

If you want to style the links in the footer way different from the
rest, use:

#footer a:link { .. }
#footer a:visted { ... }
#footer a:hover { ... }

I guess that the visited state is confusing you. Clear the IE7 cache!

regards

  Martin