Hello all,
Often you see subtle slanted lines making up the background on blogs.
I have a simple example here (but mine does't line up and not so subtle :)-
http://arihoj.freehostia.com/css/pattern/testBackground.html
There are 3 images, one for body background, and one on each side of
centered container (alot of times on a nice blog for these side images, i'll
see nice lightly shadowed images and slanted lines behind the shadow part of
pic; all I assume in same image but 'repeat-y'ed and it'll match up with
background slanted image lines).

Now when the pattern is 'perfectly aligned', then its easy to make these
images. For example, an image similar to one i created with a line slant and
height equal to pretend 10 pixels high, can be cut and pasted at spacings of
10 pixels. But my example has slants 'overlapping' the next slant.

I'm was actually curious how the borders are made when they arent
'perfectly' aligned. I had a sneaky suspicion its the Pattern Maker filter
in Photoshop which I havent ever really used. Any good css tutorials on
making these kinda images?

Thanks,
Ari