Morning Bruce

You wrote

> John Lockerbie wrote:
>
>> PS Fwiw, top-posting is making it impossible for anyone to follow
>> this thread-- write below (rather than above) those you reply to
>> on the list
>
> That fad is your personal preference. Many of us dislike scrolling down
> through long quotes to see whether the current posting has any content or
> is of interest. Many of us prefer so-called top-posting or interleaved
> posting.
>
> But I wouldn't presume to force either upon you.
>
> Bruce

Not a fad and not someone's personal preference.....

The following is from the list policies [1].... Please note the second
point.....

a.. Trim your replies. If you have more quotation than original text, think
about cutting down on the quoted stuff. The list members can look at the
message to which you responded, or check the archive. Prune that quoted text
with ruthless abandon. Everyone else will thank you for it, especially the
list admin(s). Don't forget, thankful list admins are less hasty with the
unsubscribe button.
a.. The list admin(s) will scowl heavily in the direction of any
Jeopardy-style quotations-- ** that is, putting your answer before the
quoted question to which you're responding ** -- but won't actually
unsubscribe you for doing it. Unless you keep doing it without trimming down
your quoted text (see above).  (emphasis added)

[1] http://www.css-discuss.org/policies.html

It might be worthwhile for list members to review them..... After all, when
we joined the list, we *all* agreed to abide by them......

Best to all

Jim Nannery
www.redfernenterprises.com