Hi Ian

On 03/08/07, Ian Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I am trying to create this design without tables and having a sort of
> > flexible approach to scaling.
> > <http://urbanlivingseattle.com/wordpress/>
> > I am hoping to remove the fixed width eventually but the header is
> > causing me problems. Here is how far I have got:
> > <http://blog.cregy.co.uk/>
> > <http://blog.cregy.co.uk/wp-content/themes/heather/style.css>
> > The header is proving to be very hard to recreate. Should I stick with
> > using floats or should I be going absolute in terms of positioning
> > please? What are people seeing in terms of different browsers
> > particularly ie6?
> > Any suggestions on improving the code to get it work please?

> Not sure what the problem is as the header looks the same in IE6 and FF (Win
> XP) to me.
>
> What is the complexity and what is it you are trying to achieve?
>
> Couple of things in the mark -up tho'. You cannot repeat an "id". You need
> to convert "current" and "active" to classes as these can be repeated
> throughout the html with impunity.

Many thanks for the reply. If you have a look at the uploaded design at:
<http://urbanlivingseattle.com/wordpress/>
You will be able to see some of the header problems. Firstly, the top
nav now has too many entries in it and breaks the design.
Secondly, the lower nav continues right across the page and it should
stick within the fixed width dimensions.
The direct call telephone number should sit to the right of the fixed
width but sits to the left.
Any ideas please?

Thanks.
--