On 06/08/07, Ingo Chao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd say its the 3px text jog, and the usual fix would be to
>
> apply haslayout to #article (height: 1%)
> subtract 3px from the #article left margin (actually, subtracting 5 px
> would be better here): 105px instead of 110px
> apply margin-right: -3px to #date.
>
> all inside a Conditional Comment lte IE 6

Ah, you're a lifesaver! That has indeed fixed the problem just fine. And on
the plus side, I actually understood why it did, so hopefully won't make the
same mistake again. :) Of course, on the down side I feel like slapping
myself for missing something so obvious....

something is wrong with other dimensions, for instance, the doubled
> margin bug on floats: #date should have display:inline
>
> Check for more doubled margin bugs in your page.

Will be doing that over the coming days, methinks. :)

A refreshing read on P.I.E would be a good idea once you find some time.

Yes, I think you're right. It's obviously been far too long since I browsed
there, and I'm forgetting some of the basics.

Cheers,

Seona.