I have a page (http://sdemo.safedataisp.net/test.html)

With a very simple setup:
HTML 4.01 Strict
All style information via css

I want to create a page that has a white center with blue borders. If the
contents of the page are less then the screen height I want the white to
continue to the bottom of the screen, if the contents of the page are more
then the screen height I want the white to continue to the end of the
contents.

If you look at the example link it looks correct in IE6 but incorrect in
both FF and IE7.

While the IE6 rendering is how I want it to look, IE7 matches how I would
expect it to look the way the css is currently written.

FF looks correct until I put some text in the div then it doesn't do
anything I would expect.

I want to learn more so if anyone can not only tell me what to do but why I
would be very grateful.

Thanks,

David Ruggles
CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+