I was notified recently that Firefox 2.0.0.6 users are experiencing issues when
printing pages of content that extend beyond an 8.5 by 11 page. ( I just
upgraded from a previous version, 1.7.0 (?) myself today, so I am not sure how
many iterations have come and gone between them).

Using Firefox 2.0.0.6, go to
www.niu.edu/phys_plant/departments/maintenance.shtml and do a print preview.
You will notice that Firefox is dividing the page up into three sections: the
header, which only features the logo; the content area, which cuts off some
content at the bottom of the page; and the footer.

By comparison, print preview the same page in IE 6.0. If you can bring yourself
to do so) Still three pages, but all of the content is present. ( I have not
tested in IE 7.0).

The FF 1.7.0 did not have this issue, however, the page template that we use on
the page above (featuring the Right content area column) did make FF 1.7.0
crash if I tried to print or print preview. May be two separate issues going
on, or perhaps they are linked somehow.

So, here are my questions: does anyone know if there has been a change in how
Firefox interprets a print style sheet that might cause it to preview and
output as I described above, and if so, can you suggest a remedy. Secondly, is
there anything about the page listed above that would cause Firefox to freeze
up/crash? Possible third question, are these issues somehow related? Has anyone
else had a similar issue since the release of FF 2.0.0.6? Have I worn out my
welcome yet? ; )

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Sincerely,

Brian Walk
Assistant Director for Visual Communications
Division of Administration and Outreach
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
(815) 753-6916