From: "Alan K. Gay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I don't know any way with CSS, absent a pile of JS, that changes in the
> height of the contents of a block in column one can force, across all
> browsers (or even just IE for that matter), a corresponding change in the
> height of a block (div, for ex) that is two columns to the right.

Not a pile of script - just a little bit should do. However, a pure CSS
solution, using faux column background images is quite easy to do for many
types of CSS layouts. Google "faux columns" or see this basic example:
http://www.projectseven.com/csslab/faux/shadow/

--
Al Sparber - PVII
http://www.projectseven.com