-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marcelo de Moraes
Serpa
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 6:51 PM
To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: [css-d] Are table-based layouts still needed

Or, do table-based layouts still have a place on the web?

There will definitly be a lot of table-based layouts for many times to come.
Not everyone has the knowledge nor is obligated to use CSS-based layouts.

But from a web professional standpoint, do you think table-based layouts
still need to be used for some particular layouts?

In other words, can pure CSS layouts do everything a table-based layout can
do?

I ask this becouse I still see many famous and really relevant websites with
a dirty table-based soup layout. I wonder wether was lazy, or if he didn't
know that he could do it with divs and CSS or if he knew that this kind of
layout was viable to do with CSS.

Well, just a thought :)

Marcelo.