Rafael wrote:
>     Hi,
>     I have a limited knowledge on the different bugs out there, so I
> would like to know what problems would cause a more conservative
> structure for this problem, such as
>   http://dev.rsalazar.name/css.d/report.html
>
>     I just did it as an exercise (so I started from scratch), but it
> seems to work just fine on Fx 2, O 9, S 3 (XP), and IE 6 / 7.
>
>     Thanks in advance.

Yes, of course, there is more than one way to do most anything in CSS.

FWIW, I would not restrict the height as it will break with heavy hand
font-scaling in compliant browsers and in IE at text-size 'largest" with
font sizes ignored. Whether
one needs to have it also work in IE5.01 and Mac/IE5.2 is a matter of
opinion and client requirement.

Best,
~dL