Thank you so much!

When you wrote: Float the entire #menuh right, and _contain_ it. - what did you
mean by and contain_it?

I had to leave the float:right style on the page.  If I moved it to the style
sheet it didn't work.  I think I remember hearing that to do a float you needed
to declare the position, but when I declared the position on the menuh div it
still didn't work.  So for now I am leaving the float declaration on the page.

Thank you again for your help.  I did a Google search for the IE6
auto-expansion bug and it appears that maybe you coined the phrase - I am
impressed.  I will be reading up on it and trying to understand it all.

Jennifer

JGardner wrote:
> http://www.jgardnerdesigns.com/web-design-services.htm

> Per the problems below I made some changes, which I think solved the
> +1 break, but something caused some extra padding/margin, something
> in IE6.  So now the page has all of this extra which space on the
> right side.

Wrong width on menu, combined with IE6' "auto-expansion bug". A lethal
combination.

IE6 also needs to establish a "relation" between #menuh-container and
#menuh.

> Also, due to the changes the navigation now is on the left side, I
> had wanted it aligned on the right side.  I can live with it since it
>  is more functional now, but if anyone knows how I can get it to
> align to the right side of the page that would be a big bonus!

Float the entire #menuh right, and _contain_ it. Background color goes
on #menuh-container.

Example: <http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/jg-2/test_07_0926.html>

New styles for the relevant elements are found in page-head.

Only tested in IE6, IE7, Firefox 2.0.0.7 and Opera 9.23.

regards
    Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no