Ken Weise wrote:

> Working on a Perl script that puts out a page. I have the script
> working, except in IE my footer isn't centered.

> http://www.econocaribe.com/cgi-bin/agt1.pl

Browsers have different defaults and need complete "commands", and
relations must be established between elements before you can
absolute-position anything reliable across browser-land.

Adding the following after what you've already got, will give you a
properly positioned footer in IE, and other browsers...

    #body { position: relative; }
    * html #body {height: 100%;}
    #footer {left: 0; width: 990px; margin: 0;}

...but the layout-method you've chosen is extremely fragile, and can't
take any amount of stress in any browser.

Whatever created that source-code is also in need of some serious
quality-upgrades...
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.econocaribe.com/cgi-bin/agt1.pl>

regards
        Georg