I don't quite get why this thread degenerated on this. This is just
syntax, there are alternatives, and it's already a standard (i.e. it
won't change), so what's the point?

    If you ask me, I don't know the reasoning behind this order, they
could as well use the common (x, y) way, but this may just be the same
case as with UTC (ever looked what it stands for? [1]).

    Maybe we should stop this thread, it goes nowhere ---and sorry for
contributing myself.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utc