From: Philippe Wittenbergh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [css-d] tables, table captions in I.E.6

On Oct 11, 2007, at 12:50 AM, Michael Leibson wrote:

> http://members.distributel.net/~leibson/table%20or%20caption%20margins%20in%20IE.htm
> First problem:
> The margin  for the table caption displays properly in FF2, but not at all in
> IE6.
> Second problem:
> Although the caption margins are only set for 'top' and 'bottom',
> IE6 gives it the same L and R margins as the table (while FF2 does
> not).

. . . result: it is kind of a mess out there...
One approach I've taken in a similar situation as yours:
* don't apply margins to the table, but wrap it in a div and apply
the margins to the div.
* for margins on the caption: set them to 0, and wrap the text of the
caption in a span, style the span with display:block + margins as
needed. That still fails in WebKit/Safari.....

... or don't use caption, but headings (like h5 or h6, depending on
your document structure).

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>

Thanks for answering this, Philippe!  I'll try your solutions.
- Michael

End of css-d Digest, Vol 59, Issue 12

      Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to
Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com