On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:20:47 +0200, Georg Portenkirchner wrote:

> I also thought about it, but then would the grey content color move up to the
> header.

Georg,
Re: http://www.theaterjugendring.de/index.php

I played a little with this. Adding an outer DIV and giving it a
padding-top of 1px seems to contain that margin-top in IE.

The fixed #sidebar seems to take space in IE5.5 and 6, forcing the
content well below it. This seems to work for those versions:

* html #sidebar {position: absolute;}

IE before version 7 does not understand "fixed" anyway, so that's
the best you can hope for. Similarly, no ":hover" effect on the DIVs.

Cordially,
David