On Oct 20, 2007, at 11:39 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> is Dreamweaver acceptable or am I better off (as a beginner) going
> down
> a different route ? and finally, the most asked question in the
> world ... what resource to use to learn ?

Dreamweaver is a fine authoring environment. It lets you bounce back
and forth between visual authoring and pure code view as you like. It
also does a great job managing all the pages, files, and links
throughout a site.

If you're comfortable in Photoshop, it too is a fine medium for
mocking up the look of pages, so you have something to show to
clients. You can then output the graphics for use with your CSS designs.

To learn, you might start by deconstructing some of the CSS layouts
provided with the current version of Dreamweaver. Experiment by
changing the various styles and settings. A good book or two would
also help you get started. This group's wiki may have some good
recommendations.

Good luck. ...pt

--
Business/Communications start at http://www.PhilipTobias.com.
Grow your business using my technical and marketing communications -