Ok, you've shamed me into doing some clean-up work today.  I've eliminated
60 of the 62 HTML validation errors (the 2 remainders are part of the
Share-This plug in... and I can't quite figure out how to crush them)... I
also cleaned up all the CSS and it now validates fully.

So.... my Safari float problem remains.  Anyone have any idea what the
problem might be...

Thanks again...
- Matt