I'm really wanting to embrace the present and CSS, and am having a
rough go, as every single site I've converted, or at least partially
converted from tables has issues in IE.  I finish the site, check it
in IE, use obscenities, vow to go back to tables forever, take some
deep breaths, and read another chapter in my Eric Meyer book.

I'd love some help with this one.  I know the CSS is less than
comprehensive and brilliant, but it validates with no errors and
works fine in everything but IE.

Two things:
1) On the homepage, the bottom border of the bottom two right boxes
shifts down about three pixels.
http://www.karlagoettel.com

2) On the about page the floated image in the content gets a space at
the bottom, so it doesn't sit nicely on the bottom border.
http://www.karlagoettel.com/about.html

CSS:
http://www.karlagoettel.com/default.css

Novice in training,