url - http://projects.missioninternet.com/senior/test.htm

css - http://projects.missioninternet.com/senior/css/hearing.css

Test.htm contains a div class for the logo and one for the navigation bar.
I'm using width:auto because the content that will be added needs to be as
wide as possible.

The logo div displays across the width of the browser and height of the
class using background-repeat:repeat.

1)      The navbar div uses the same approach however it only matches the
height and not the width.

2)      On IE7 the navbar div is vertically flush against the logo div. On
Firefox, there is a gap between the two divs. I was told recently in another
forum that in the case of the footer padding-top:1px should be added to the
footer class/id to resolve the problem. I tried the same thing here but did
not work.

I would appreciate any pointers on what I am doing wrong or what else I need
to do.

Regards,

Tim