Gilbert Midonnet wrote:
> I need to do a quick down and dirty retrofit of a site. Adding a
stylesheet
> media="handheld" will be too time-consuming. I would rather do this
> server-side: if http-referrer = handheld redirect to another page. Only
> problem is that I can't seem to find the http_referrer for handhelds.

Although this is off-topic for this list, Andy Moore has a detection
function available for PHP[0]. It doesn't use the HTTP Referrer header
(because that header isn't supposed to contain information about the device,
but about the page you came from), but if you're not using PHP I'm sure it
can be adapted to suit your language.

Getting back on topic (sort-of), won't building separate pages for handhelds
be more time-consuming than adding a stylesheet that shows/hides stuff?

Rick.

[0]: http://www.andymoore.info/php-to-detect-mobile-phones/