On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 18:51:44 -0500, Mike Smith wrote:

> Just wondering if I could get a site check on this temp site:
>
> http://www.grum.com/temp/al/index.html
>
> I managed the HTML/CSS, not the graphics, so I'm looking to see what, if
> anything,
> breaks (I know the h1 in the banner does on increased font-sizes).

Hi Mike. Yes - and the default font size in IE on Windows XP here is
25% larger than on most desk-tops, as I have a high definition screen
with the common setting of 120 DPI. This normally makes text smaller,
and IE (and Opera) increase "normal" font size to compensate.
So, yes, the H1 does not line up at "normal" text size here.

> Also would like to know what can be done about centering the menu better.

Patrick Aljord gave you a solution for this. But the menu is pretty wide.
I found that it breaks to two lines at a window width of less than 1086 px.
At this width, the measure (line length) of the text is too long for comfort,
so I used IE7 "zoom" to make it smaller. This worked surprisingly well,
but I noticed that the watermark image is no longer centered.

I suggest putting it as background to #pageContainer or #content
instead.

If I were you, I'd make the dominant "Wreath Title LLC" (logo.gif)
a bit higher quality, as it does not survive zooming very welll.

Not that many will need to zoom -- your text sizes are browser
default, which should please anyone who needs large text and
knows how to set their browser to get it.

No other issues that I noticed. Well done.

Cordially,
David