Amy,

It looks like some of the elements that are using absolute positioning are
being positioned relative to the viewport and not the parent div as you
desire. If the parent div is static the absolute positioned div will  seek
the next higher parent that is not static. In this case, the <body>. Be sure
the containing divs are position: relative; or anything other than static.
It would be best to avoid absolute positioning if possible and have you menu
be part of the flow of the document.

If you find it necessary to use conditional comments to fix IE problems they
should be placed in the html as the last lines just before the </head> tag.

Also, an element that you want to center within the parent is usually
written margin: 0 auto; This says there is no top or bottom margin. The
results of using margin: auto; could cause variable results.

Jim