Ibrahim Y wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've problem that there is a gap between the div called "top" and
> "container" on IE6 , it works fine on FF & IE7
> http://www.frontrow.jo/
> and here is the css styles
> http://www.frontrow.jo/includes/common.css
>
> any idea ?
>
> Thanks in advanced
> Ibrahim

This also affects IE7. The fixes for this bug are.

#container ul, #container p {
margin-top:20px; /* IE will behaves like other browsers */
}

or

#container ul, #container p {
margin-top:0; /* other browsers will behaves like IE */
}

This is due to the effects of hasLayout [1] on margins [2]. Both the #left and
#right divs are floated (hasLayout trigger). All good browsers will show the
top margin of the <p> and <ul> elements, the children of the #left and #right
divs respectively, IE will however make these default margins disappear. The
next version of IE may behave similar to the other good browsers since
hasLayout is now history with IE8.

[1] <http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html>
[2]
<http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE7Bugs/DefaultMarginDisappear.html>