On Dec 28, 2007 11:00 PM, Gunlaug Sørtun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It is a "collapsing margins"[1] case, where the original 20px margin-top
> on #spotlight escapes the #content div in non-IE browsers, while IE/win
> contains that margin within the #content div and thereby pushes
> #spotlight that much down relative to the left div.
>
> One way to fix the line-up across browser-land, is therefore to zero out
> the "escaping" margin...
>
> #spotlight {
> margin: 0 40px 0 230px;
> }
>

> regards
>        Georg
>
> [1]http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/box.html#collapsing-margins
> --
> http://www.gunlaug.no

Thanks, Georg.  I knew the list would have the answer and teach me why it
wasn't working.  ;)
Mike <3 list.

I also added

#content {
padding-top: 20px;
}

to keep the proper spacing, as that space is used in other areas of the
site.

Now to get on with reading the rest of this thread and learning more.

Thanks again,

Mike