Aaron Roberson wrote:

> The dropdown menu on my site is plagued by the hasLayout bug,
> probably as a result of the whitespace in my list. There is extra
> padding between each list item in IE7. That's right, in IE7. It looks
> fine in IE6.
>
> http://northeastassembly.org

Try giving  hasLayout and display:inline to the 'li' of the dropdown.
You can probably use
*+html #menu li li { zoom:1; display:inline }

(I've used *+html to feed the rule only to IE7, but there are better
choices. And probably giving it to IE6 as well doesn't hurt.)

> P.S. If anyone can also help me remove the gap between the #header
> div and the #nav div in IE6 and IE7 I would appreciate that as well.

Try giving hasLayout to the h1:
h1 { zoom: 1; }

hth,
Bruno