I've inherited a nightmare CSS project.  Nearly 1800 lines of really
"interesting" code.

On this page: http://www.language-works.com/PSL/ster.htm  I am having a
problem with a drop of the left hand side of the page in IE -- if I remove
the container stereographs altogether, it works fine in IE
http://www.language-works.com/PSL/ster2.htm but no longer in Firefox.  I
prefer to stay with the first version, but I wonder if there is ANY way to
get this to work in IE?  Is this a case of too many nested divs?

I've tried talking with the folks about re-writing the css but they are
nervous because they say it is "stable"....  it's also almost completely
unmaintainable.  If you were in my shoes, what would you say?

Anne