Thanks Philippe, but if I've interpreted, and implemented, your
suggestions correctly - still no good.

David, the problem of the content (the table) flying to the left occurs
when you hover over the Menu button in IE6 (and maybe other versions).

Here's a direct URL to the test:
http://www.helpdeskpro.net/test/suzy3.htm

Regards,

Kim Jordan