On 2008/01/15 17:54 (GMT+1300) Michael Adams apparently typed:

> Can anyone tell me why periodically i come across a site that uses:
> body { font-size: 100.1%; }

That was reputedly to appease ancient Opera versions, around v6 or prior.

> or:
> body { font-size: 76.6%; }
> What browser are they trying to appease here?

I don't recall the seeing the .6 tacked onto 76% before, but 76% was Owen
Briggs' unfortunate recommendation that a lot of rude designers used and use.
http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/typography/index.html

IE ignores the decimals, using 62% if your CSS specifies 62.6%.
--
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was
with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409