Mario,

On Jan 19, 2008 6:59 AM, Mário Gamito <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have this blog - http://www.absinto.org - and have blockquote defined
> as:
>
> blockquote {
> font-family:"Times New Roman", "Times", serif;
> background: url(images/start_quote.png) top left no-repeat;
> }
>

> The quotation doesn't appear in Times New Roman or the others defined in
> the blockquote.

The font-family isn't showing up because you have .entrybody p defining the
font-family as Verdana (about 3 different times). This rule has a higher
specificity (0,0,1,1) than the blockquote rule (0,0,0,1), so the blockquote
font-family never gets applied.[1]

You should be able to simplify your entire stylesheet by removing most
instances of font-family, leaving only your body {font:....;} rules. Since
you have font declared on body, most other elements will inherit that style.

Hope that helps,
Tim

[1] Specificity: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/cascade.html

(PS: now I have to try to translate your entry on Marillion!)