Rick Good wrote:
> I've designed a site that works:
>
>       www.themeridiangrp.com
>

> Since it's working I'm not overly concerned, but I would like to know
> the right way to do it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rick

A page or site "working" on the Web is relative to any users discretion.
Font-scaling and reducing window width kind of does a number on your page.

Layouts that rely on absolute positioning for the base structure and set
of height on content containers are often "brittle" in the sense they
break easily with any variation whatsoever from what the author dictated.

Float structured layouts that do not restrict height, let the browser
software determine height based on the amount of content in containers,
and  clear the footer-- tend to do much better regardless of user
discretion.

It's not so much a matter of the right way to do it, as it is a matter
of how can one be a good host or hostess to whomever visits our site.

Best,
~dL