Ron Zisman wrote:
> http://www.ricochet.org/ricochet2/company_principal2.html
>

> 2 more positioning problems:
>
> in the blue bar at the top is contact copy
>
>   #top {width:100%}
>
> #top p { positioned from the left } which means if the font scales
> differently in different browsers, it's not going to expand as i'd like.
> didn't know how to position the right side of the copy as top is 100%
> and the right margin is a variable.
> tried to position absolute, probably didn't know what i was doing,
> but the blue bar (#top) disappeared completely.
>
> so , i'd like the right side of the text to align with right hand
> side of the yellow box (header), and expand to the left.
>
> second issue:
>
> the 'Communications Design' #header h2. actually all h2's. ah,
> scaling doesn't work so well.
>
> the major issue is with the header h2, as positioned, when type is
> scaled, it loses position and drops down and to the left, yellow on
> yellow and yellow on gray, not very attractive, at least not to this
> print designer.
>
> it also screws up the line-up of the navigation columns
>
>   i know this is a lot to ask for on the cheap, but... can you throw
> me a bone?
>
> thanks,
>
> ron

#stuff {border: 1px solid red; overflow: hidden; } <---- :: add new
ruleset: 1st id to open/last to close in markup

#wrapper {  border-right: 1px solid blue; position : relative; }
<--------- :: add to selector ::

#header{
 /*height:210px;*/ min-height: 20.2em; <------ :: amend
}

* html #header{
height: 20.2em; <------ :: for the evil one
}

#top p {
 /*position:relative;  <-------  :: delete these 3
 left:368px;
 padding:5px;*/
text-align: right; <-------  :: add
margin:0;
 letter-spacing:.2em;
font-weight:lighter;
font-size:.9em;
}

.inside {width:768px; overflow : hidden;   border: 1px solid fuchsia;}
<---- :: add new ruleset: see markup below

735 3392 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]</p>

Communication Design will remain adjacent to the right side of the
yellow & gray blocks; however, becuse it is a long word in a narrow
width, "Communication" will brel right at +2.

Since you wrote you wrote earlier you did not look at in IE6 or IE7,
neither did I.

I hope this helps and the mail does not mangle it too much.

Best,
~dL

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/