Chang Huang wrote:

> I've been reading about how to use CSS to control the layout of a web
> for print, I wonder is there's a optimum way to style a web-generated
> PDF for print. I've been googling it for a while but with no success.
> Can anyone point me to the right direction please?

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly, but I have
successfully created PDF versions of web pages, with CSS-enhanced
presentation, using just the free PDFCreator software and a web
browser - specifically, Firefox, since it supports alternate style
sheets, so that I can use

<link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css"
 title="Style sheet for PDF version"
 href="foo.css" media="all">

and just select that style sheet from the browser's menu, so that I'll
first see(roughly) on screen the effects of the foo.css style sheet.
Then I just use the Print command in the browser and select the virtual
printer corresponding to PDFCreator.

There are many other programs as well that can be used for making it
possible to generate PDF files from a browser, but I haven't seen any
comparison from the viewpoint how well CSS rules are applied. Maybe you
could just try some alternative and see whether it fits. In simple
cases, probably almost any such software will do.

Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/