On Feb 2, 2008, at 12:53 PM, Ken Davies wrote:

> I will be trying to see what this does with some adjustments,
> thanks but please clarify
> you show #banner each line. Is there a reason other than MY future
> reference?

Specificity. I wanted to only affect an img in the div id'ed as banner:

img [ float: left }

applies float left to every img in the entire document.

#banner img {float:left}

applies float left to every img in a container with the ID of banner.

#banner img#logo {float: right}

applies float right to the img ID'ed as logo in the container id'ed
as banner.

On this subject, if you're ever interested in knowing precisely what
a bit of CSS means, don't forget the Selectoracle at http://
gallery.theopalgroup.com/selectoracle/

> Also if reference in a stylesheet is to an img should that preface
> the #name-ie img#name.

img#name selects the img with the ID of name

#name img selects all images inside a container with the ID of name.

Have Fun,
Arlen