Greetings,

Have just joined this list and am looking for insight into a couple of
problems I am having.  I have been building websites for years, but this is
my first attempt to use CSS heavily as a design/layout tool.  Mostly, I have
been able to figure it out but have two problems that are just stopping me
in my tracks. (Oh and I am using Dreamweaver 8, primarily, to set everything
up)

A little context... a designer created layouts in photoshop which I am
adapting for the web.  There are set-size images to use on the outside and
as a center background.  But on some pages, the content will go longer than
the images.  Because divs don't easily allow for that without tiling the
images (which are not conducive to tiling), I went to a basic table set up
with 1 row and three columns, and used divs in the cells for more layout.
What I had hoped would happen is that the table cell would lengthen with the
content and below the images, a background color would fill in the
bacground.  That does not seem to be happening.  Example:

http://ajputnam.com/sky/ontour

as you can see, the content table just sort of hangs over the lower edge.

Also, on one set of pages, the center image is not appearing at all, and
neither is any background color.  I seem to have a phantom row of sorts at
the top of the page but nothing going on in the background aside from that,
and can't figure out why:

http://ajputnam.com/sky/discography

The "hanging over the edge" problem would happen here too if the center was
working at all as intended.

I have run the pages and the css file through W3C validators and all come up
as good to go.  So, I do not know how to fix these problems.  Any and all
insight will be most gratefully accepted.  Thank you!

Amy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]