On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:54:43 +0000, vwf wrote:

> I fixed a number of problems with my site, but a problem with ie6 remains.
> There are
> unwanted spaces in the horizontal list (navigation bar). I see that this is a
> well
> known problem, but I cannot find the solution.

[...]
> http://opeform.nl/test/
> http://opeform.nl/test/screen00.css

As Holly suggests, putting IE into so-called standards mode helps.

To get rid of the gaps in IE 5.x, the only way I know is to take out
the gaps between links in the HTML. One way to do this is add empty
comments between them, like this:

 ... </a></li><!--

I also found it to line up better if you take out all "float: left;"
declarations from the #navbar images. Somehow that property
interferes with the "position: relative;".

You may also like to consider using 8-bit PNGs to get transparency
working in older IE without needing a MS "filter." See:

 <http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2007/09/18/png8-the-clear-winner/>

Again - no Konqueror here, sorry.

Cordially,
David