On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Ingo Chao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  There is a 1px gap below the red block that is absolutely positioned
>  (bottom:0) inside its containing black block.
>
>  (In case you cannot see the gap, change the text zoom.)
>
>  Both should be equal in height. The height is determined by font metrics
>  only, but both, black and red, have the same metrics (I think).
>
>  Tried a couple of fixes, inluding giving a line-height, paddings,
>  margins, vertical-align and all I can think of.
>
>  But once it is fixed, it breaks with another line-height/font/text-zoom
>  setting.

Hello,

I think this has to do with setting the font size on the body to 100%,
because IE6 will have issues in rounding the font sizes of OTHER
relative measures. Remove the font-size declaration from the body
selector and the 1px jog is gone. If you set it to em (to match that
of the parent's div it will also work. Setting it to points (pt) also
works. :)

Apart from all that, setting a margin-bottom: -1px on the span
selector perfectly removes the 1px jog without breaking any others
elements on the page. And since this an IE6 bug (I see no 1px jogging
in IE7), you can target it via a conditional comment specific to IE6.

Regards,
Usamah