Alex Robinson wrote:

> http://www.fu2k.org/alex/css/cssjunk/ie8/xua
>
> In a nutshell, IE8's emulation of IE6 and IE5 does not appear to be
> off to a flying start.
>
> 1. Box model not honoured when targeting IE6 and in standards mode
> 2. Parsing errors not replicated when targeting IE5.
>
> Can someone confirm that the results show here are correct, or point
> out what I'm doing wrong?

Are you testing in IE8 on a virtual PC? I have IE8 (over written IE7) and I can
toggle each mode and all three test will show different results.

http://css-class.com/test/images/IE8~5q.png
http://css-class.com/test/images/IE8~7s.png
http://css-class.com/test/images/IE8~8s.png

But when I initially came to the page.

http://css-class.com/test/images/IE8~mystery.png

This would mean that it critical which mode of IE8 your in when enter the page.
Once you start toggling that take precedence over the meta.

background: #ffcc00;
backg\round: #006633;
width: 400px;
wid\th: 300px;

Maybe testing with just one escape may show a difference.

My bundled IE5 and IE6 now are using my IE8 conditional comments (pale yellow
background for the header).

http://css-class.com/test/images/ie5-ie6-ie8.png

So this means that when using IE8 conditional comments to test correctly, you
need a virtual PC or separate PC.

Alan

http://css-class.com/