Renée Hellenbrecht wrote:

> I'm pretty new to CSS. I'm rebuilding a page done years ago in tables
>  and Javascript using CSS. I'm having serious issues with background
> images. I tried using some more divs, and it didn't turn out well.
>
> This is the original page, so you get an idea of how it should look:
> <http://www.swedenborg.org/local.cfm>
>
> This is the template I'm working on:
> <http://neptune.he.net/~swdnbrg/cow/re/local.html>

Merely as a suggestion; it is better not to try to line up text with the
background-image, but instead style the elements directly as far as they
can get you. That will allow the whole line-up to adjust a lot better to
font-resizing and other factors.

Here's an example for a start, where I've used borders wherever I could...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/rh/test_08_0312.html>
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/rh/test_08_0312_files/global00.css>
...and topped it up with a couple of absolute positioned elements.

You can trim the line-up almost as you wish based on such an approach,
and still make it hold quite well under stress.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no