On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 1:23 AM, Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:

>  I'd like to see some tests on that too.
>  IE8b1 adds in line-height for the generated content - 'height: 0' means
>  nothing to it in practice, so there will be big gaps in layouts in some
>  cases.
>  Haven't gotten around to create my own test-cases to cover all
>  situation, but zeroing out line-height by adding...
>
>  .clearfix:after {
>  font-size: 1px;
>  line-height: 0;
>  }
>
>  ...solves the problems in all situations I've encountered so far. This
>  is a harmless but illogical fix, so IE8 should be fixed.

There is something really strange in that extra space produced by IE8b1.
I've seen it _only_ in some cases. It seems to depend on what follows
the 'easy-cleared' box. When present this extra space is definitely
outside the easy-cleared box, it may even appear after several other
boxes following that one.

Bruno

--
Bruno Fassino http://www.brunildo.org/test