Georg very nicely helped me fix the issues I was having with the bars
displaying on the top of this page. However, I haven't been able to
quite mimic the results for the bars on the bottom. Being a CSS
newbie, I can't quite make out how to fix this. I suspect it has
something to do with the top bars involving three elements within a
single div and the bottom involving three elements in two separate
divs (which I would prefer not to combine): #footer #footer_church and
#footer #footer_swedenborg.

The display is fine in most browsers (Firefox, Flock, Opera, Safari),
but the lines split in IE versions 5 to 7 because the bar under the
text on the left-hand side pushes up too high. The position isn't
constant across all other tested browsers, but it is close enough for
me. Am I neglecting some property that IE needs to do this? What did
Georg do on the top that I am failing to pick up on?

The HTML: <http://neptune.he.net/~swdnbrg/cow/re/template.html>
The CSS involved: <http://neptune.he.net/~swdnbrg/cow/re/global00.css>

--
--Renée Hellenbrecht