I am using data tables to list dozens of documents with their revision
dates and available formats. Here is an example:

http://hul.harvard.edu/oisnew/support/docs-oasis.html

When all docs are listed, page will be longish. It has been a long-standing
practice for us to skip visible header rows on all but the top table. But
to keep tables accessible, I wanted to hide the header row by using
display:none on the <tr>. In IE, the invisible row is leaving behind a
horizontal gray line. Note that border-collapse is set for this table -- in
the external style sheet. I have tried different ways to eliminate that
horizontal line (e.g., zeroing out borders, adding display:none for the
tr's and th's). Nothing has worked.

Any ideas what the cause/cure would be for that line? Thanks.  --julie