On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:58:08 -0600, Debbie Campbell wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This page is supposed to be three floated columns, but in Opera 9 the left
> float is all
> the way to the right, the center one below that and all the way to the left:
>
>> http://www.totalvein.net/new/vein_disease.html
>>
> I guess it's really just the first one that's out of place. Is this a bug
> with a
> specific name, and how do I go about fixing it?

#content is not containing the floats inside it. So Opera is treating the
relatively positioned #nav as a box, which #content-left abuts.
I believe you are correct in saying this is a bug - fixed in Op 9.5.

There are several fixes:

1. Apply "overflow: auto;" to #content so it contains all the floats;
2. Apply "clear: left;" to #content-left;
3. Increase the declared height on #header from 109px to 130px
   (the height of #nav plus its "top").

Cordially,
David