On 4/3/08, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  http://201.51.69.207:8081/fotos
>
>  Take a look at the thumbs. Hover the mouse over them. You can see a "inner"
>  border is created. However, it isn't yet the way I wanted. Becouse of the
>  margin rule, the img element "jumps" a pixel towards the top.
>
>  I want something like the effect in this page: http://www.globo.com/ (hover
>  on any of the thumbs there and see) and have failed to duplicate the effect.
>
>  If someone could helpe me or at least put me in the right direction I would
>  be grateful!

I have isolated an minimised the code they are using at
http://www.dramatic.co.nz/testing/innerborder.html

The effect requires the image to have display:block and a parent with
overflow:hidden. If the parent is an <a> element, then the effect will
work on IE6.
On hover, the parent is resized (reduced by twice the border width,
the border is added, and a negative margin applied to the image to
prevent it moving.

The original used multiple classes in order to control color, and of
course you need a separate class for each size of image you want to
use the effect on.

--
Richard Grevers, New Plymouth, New Zealand
Dramatic Design www.dramatic.co.nz