Hello Everyone,

I'm getting into CSS for the first time in a long time. Laying out a
WordPress template. I've found my work around, but I'm wondering if
this is documented somewhere, or if you could help me understand it.

I have a background image that will create a gradient border. The
background does not fill the entire area of the div, however when the
padding is left 0px. When I used a nested div, the background begins
only around the border area of the nested div.

CSS

#container
{
     background: url('narrowchannelgradient.gif');
     width: 830px;
}

#content
{
     margin:  15px;
}

HTML

Hello, World!

And an example of the problem is here...

http://blogometer.com/repository/css/background-border/index.html

You'll note that the first div has no problem because it has a
padding set.

--
Alan Gutierrez | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://blogometer.com/ | 504
717 1428