Afternoon Craig

You wrote

> I'm in need of an expert Dreamweaver CS3 engineer or guru to take a
> look at why my CSS layout is experiencing such a horrendous 1-2 minute
> delay/refresh time in the WYSIWYG. A sample page and its css files can
> be downloaded here:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/craiggivens01/cs3_lag_example.zip
>
> It currently only renders correctly in Firefox, but everything validates.
>
> I believe the problem has to do with the "modules.css" file and all of
> the modules being called in the middle of the page grid, but I really
> can't pinpoint exactly WHY CS3 takes 1-2 minutes to refresh every time
> I try to either :
>
> a) paste in new text content
> b) add a new <li> in one of the modules
> c) create a new module by duplicating the existing div and its container
> grid
>
> Is it trying to re-calculate the widths of the grid? Is it the number
> of modules called in the markup? Is it the load time of multiple
> classes per div? Is it a syntax issue? I've been wrecking myself for
> days trying to fix this but nothing works.
>
> Any ideas are much appreciated!

Have you asked this question on the Dreamweaver forums [1] ?  You will  most
likely get a satisfactory response to this question directly from the
source.

You might also have a look at the CSS-D List WIKI off topic [2] page for
additional sources that can answer this question directly.

Best

Jim Nannery
www.gotbeebar.com

[1] http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/index.cfm?forumid=12